McKenny Scholastic Book Fair Here
Visit the McKenny Scholastic Book Fair in the Library before or after your child's conference.
Tuesday through Thursday, October 25th - 27th at 11:00am to 6:00pm
Friday, October 28th at 11:00am to 4:00pm
Please visit the following link http://www.scholastic.com/bf/mckennyes to preview the McKenny Scholastic guide. This is a few of the great books that will be available at the book fair!
Are you planning a vacation or do you have another reason your student will be missing school for more than 1 day? Please fill out a Planned Absence Request Form and return the form to the McKenny office prior to the absence. The completed form will be reviewed by the student's teacher and school principal for approval of planned absences to be "excused".
Tardies and Early Dismissals
New guidelines have been implemented for the Elementary Schools in the Olympia School District regarding tardies and early release of students are the end of the day. Students will be marked:
- Tardy - 9:00 to 9:30 (30 minute window)
- After 9:30 (9:31 on) the student is considered a Half Day Absent (AM)
- If a family takes a student out early from school (before 2:52) it is a Half Day Absent (PM)
- If the child(ren) leave within the least 1/2 hour of the school day (2:52 to 3:22) it is recorded as an Early Departure.
Unless it is medically urgent, we ask that parents not check out their students after 3:00pm. At this point, please wait until the end of the day at 3:22pm for the student to be released.
McKenny Elementary Hawk Talk - June 15, 2016
View the September 23, 2016 edition of the McKenny Elementary Hawk Talk newsletter.
Arrival & Departure Times
Please ensure students are not at school before 8:45am. They may be dropped off / arrive at school sometime between 8:45 and 8:55.
8:45am - Breakfast
8:45am - Supervision in the Playshed
8:55am - First Bell Rings
9:00am - School begins
3:22pm - Dismissal
Any students who are not picked up by 3:35pm will be brought back into the office so they are not waiting outside unattended and a phone call is made to the parent.
Una celebración de familias set on November 3
Una celebración de familias will be held from 6:30-8 p.m. on Thursday, November 3 in the Knox Administrative Center Boardroom.
The event is geared toward Spanish-speaking families to learn about Skyward Family Access and other local services and resources available in the Olympia community. Pizza and refreshments will be available to all attendees.
Community organizations attending include:
- South Sound Reading Foundation, donating books in Spanish and English to families.
- Centro Integral Educativo de Olympia (CIELO), providing education, social services and cultural activities for Spanish-speaking and underserved communities of South Puget Sound.
- Thurston County Public Health, offering no-cost flu immunizations (ages 3-18 years).
- Choice Network, providing information about affordable health care.
- Hands on Children’s Museum, giving away free passes to the museum.
- YMCA of Olympia, giving away free passes to the local YMCAs.